Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Perfect Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend, a clam slow paced weekend. We went to a Doc Watson concert, and I was amazed! I really wasn't sure if I would like it, he's REAL bluegrass/country. But it was shocking, he is 84 years old and he is still touring and playing the guitar like it's no ones business. And did I mention that it's just him the guitar and his voice? He had his grandsons come out and play a few songs with him but for the most part that is it. It was a cold night, and we walked to the theater, past blocks and blocks of some of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen. I'm really in love with the old craftsmen look and that's for the most part what they were. And the crunching of the fall leafs on the sidewalk as we walked. It was perfect. I've never had any of this were I grew up. No sidewalks, no neighbors, nothing. I just feel so lucky. So then we spent the night at J's, woke up and watched football, and I got to drive around the neighborhood some and see things (yes it was still amazing!) in the fall colors at day time. And then we went home, hung out with each other, I love the hubby. And then the next day we had a wonderful round of golf with J and his brother and the hubby and me. I am still in much need of improvement. But again it was a WONDERFUL day with lots of color and good talks and everyone played well. We had dinner and drove to J's house he played the guitar and sang while I kicked the hubby's butt in poker. Ahh the good times. It was nice to just have a fun packed but very chill weekend. And for me this is all new things and this is my life now. It's pretty great.

It's kinda like I am avoiding the weight talk. Well I am. I think it is very clear that I cannot just think about sticking with the WW plan. I'm thinking about re-joining. I need to be very clear about what I am eating and how much points are gone or left. I even bought a notebook to track myself and I haven't. I did say I would give myself two months. So I just need to try harder. I also have decided that I am going to do a run. It's the 5k/10k Shamrock N' Roll here in Atlanta. My goal is to run in under 30 minutes. So I've got a lot of room for improvement. And my reward would be a running skirt and a cute top to run in. Maybe a green wig? This could be really fun! And it's something real to work toward. Which is what I think I need. An obtainable goal that I can see and feel.


Later in the day....

So I worked out...I ran/walked 2 miles in 26 minutes. 13 minute miles is not so bad, but when you think that I really could of pushed myself but didn't. I am disappointed in myself, but pleased that at least I can run/walk 2 miles. As sad as that sounds I know. Little joys, little steps.

No comments: