Tuesday, March 11, 2008

WEEK THREE

Well week THREE is upon me and I have yet to meet fully any of my goals. And yet I do not feel totally discouraged. If nothing else I feel more motivated this week, then before. Yes it's taking me longer than I thought it would be to get back into the swing of things, but at least it is on my mind and I am trying. So I do feel like I am making progress, even if it is at the slowest possible rate. One day at a time...
SO lets do a little re-cap of the past week. and my goals for it.
  • Cardio 5 times for 30 min, I did it 3 times for 30 min
  • Strength 3 times, I did it 1 time
  • Yoga 3 times, I did it 1 time
  • Push/Sit ups 5 times, I did it twice.

Not terrible but a step in the right direction. I do not think that these goals are too off base and I am going to leave them for this week as well. But I am going to add 5 minutes onto the cardio workouts. And I am going to add drinking water daily. I'm not sure how much I need to drink a day, I've heard 8 glasses but what really is 8 glasses? I just wanted to add something that would be good for me that didn't only involve working out.

I also took some sound advice from a blogger and am going to go more by measurements vs. actual weight loss. I think if I switch my focus I might be happier with my progress than purely the numbers on the scale. While I was thinking about this I remembered all my cute summer clothes that I have, tons and tons of capri's and cute sundresses that are just too tight, if I can even get them up at all! And I'm just going to work toward getting back into those, instead of worrying about the numbers. I just really am sick of thinking of myself in pounds I am more than just a number on the scale and I need to remember that.

So here's to a new week!

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Keep trying you can do it!! Every day that you work towards that goal is a day closer to reaching it. Dont get discouraged as you are doing great!! Small successes add up to GOAL!

Hope you have a super week!
*huggles*
=0)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Lasting change doesn't happen overnight. You're doing great. More than you were before, with more to look forward to. Keep up the great work!

Katy said...

Awesome job on the workouts this week! It may not be what you had planned to do, but it seems like you got some good ones in there. Especially with your new workout partner....workouts are always a little bit harder with them!

Hanlie said...

Eight glasses is a good place to start...

Well done on setting goals!

Heather said...

I think you did great this week!

I started with 8 and was amazed at how dehydrated I had always been. So I would try for 8 and then you may find yourself reaching for water beyond that. I keep water with me awlays and Im constantly drinking.

I also think that is great advice on focusing on other things besides the scale. my scale actually has a function that shows % body fat and even if my weight stays the same, I love to see that number go down just as much as the actual weight #. try focusing on little things like that rather than just your weight.