Tuesday, October 03, 2006

169.5

"Feel pride in how far you've come and confidence in where you're going."

I really needed this saying to start the post off. As you can see the weigh-in this morning was less than I had hoped. But it was a loss, and I believe I just said yesterday that I would be happy with any loss, even a half a pound loss. Well I lied. I am happy that it wasn't a gain as this week really was the worst week to date. But only half a pound, again? I don't want this to be a trend, one week lose half a pound the next lose 4.5 pounds. Well I guess that wasn't so bad. :) So I went over what I did wrong this past week and I've come down with three factors.

  • I didn't even match how hard I worked out two weeks ago.
  • I didn't drink half as much water
  • Beer...lot's of beer (yes even AFTER the ice cream!)

That's the things I need to really work on this week. And I've already started, I bought a 1 liter water bottle and plan to drink and re-fill it a couple times today. I did over sleep this morning so I didn't get the workout in this morning but I will when I get home tonight. I plan on doing more yoga, jump rope, and maybe even a walk with Molly. (the best golden retriever in the world!) I think after last week I thought the weight would just magically fall off, without having to try at it. Well if it was that easy this wouldn't be an obese filled country and I would be a skinny mini. Just like the fact that unless I train I will never be able to just pick up and run 13.1 miles. Yes I did learn my lesson and I am not going to let this keep me down. I've tasted what success feels like and I am not about to give up now. I am going to give these four weeks my all, I've been holding back. I know I can do better than what I have been giving. There is more to me than that!

My biggest hurdle this week will be my long Vegas layover! You know what Vegas means, good food at all times of the day and free flowing beer and other alcoholic drinks! But my sister, who is also doing W/W with me is driving up to see me. So I will have a support, but really there will be drinking going on. Who am I kidding? So if anyone has any idea on drinks to get that are point friendly, please let me know. I'm also thinking about doing something "fitness" while out there, besides all the walking. Any ideas?

Here it goes...seven more days to change...little by little...day by day...

No comments: