Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hello Bloggers!

Well I do believe that I am back in the blogging world once again. The thing is that I wanted to come back when I was all gun ho and ready to lose some weight again. However I’ve been unable to get myself motivated enough to really give it a try that lasts longer than what four days? That’s when I came to the conclusion that that’s why I needed to come back even more than before. I need the support that blogging brings. It’s a community out there of people that support and understand you no matter how much it is that you have to lose, in the end a pound is a pound. And it is just as hard to lose no matter how many you’ve got.
So I’ve been searching and I stumbled across a “Challenge 08” and I believe that this is just what I need. It’s perfect it is just what I need to combine accountability with support from other bloggers. SO I will start once my name is added which should be Tuesday? I’ll have to read her blog again. That will give me time to come up with my own game plan again. You know how much I am going to work out and what the food plan will be…duh WW (that’s the best way for me, I know it works).
I am going to set up a mini 6 month goal, you see I went to the Doctor for my yearly check up and I am healthy BUT she is worried about my cholesterol level and my thyroid. So I will know in a week the results of the tests, if the results are bad then I want a good six months to really work on it myself. I really do not like taking medication. And truthfully if I had an under active thyroid then it’s my fault for not taking better care of myself and working out. I got my body this way I’d like to change it as well. And if nothing changes then the meds it is, of course this is a worst case result. And of course I would ask the Doctor if it was okay as well, after all she went to school for this right? She knows more than me. ;~)
You know something else when I asked her about how much she thought I should lose to be at a healthy weight she said 20 pounds. My WW goal was 118, and to be told that I should be 148. Well that’s a BIG difference. I just wrapped my mind so much around numbers and around what the scale said that I think I got SO out of tune with my own body. I’m going to do what she said and try lose the 20 pounds. We’ll see what she says then and how I feel. It’s just half of what I thought I needed and wanted to lose. And I still am having a hard time with the weight. I just need to get there and see for myself.

No comments: