Thursday, February 28, 2008

Test Results

This is going to be a great day! My hubby has the day off work and school so he is coming to spend the day with me in good old Sarasota FL. Why can't it be warmer here?!? I am SOO almost ready for the warm spring weather to stay here for good. :) He's a sweetie.

And I got my results back!! Finally! She mailed me out a letter as well to better explain things but so far I am fine. :) BIG SMILES. However, I do need to watch my Saturated Fats to try to lower my cholesterol, as it stands right now it is 215. And she said it should never go over 200. So that's not too bad. As for my thyroid it is borderline so she wants me to come back in June or July just to check that out as well. It's been pretty lucky for me to have the time line go just so that my yearly was at the same time as I decided to change, for the last time! It really gives me a true starting point with my health and I see how I was eating and in general not taking care of myself has effected my body. It's more than just about losing weight, it truly is about getting healthy as well. And I want to be the model patient, I want to do all she says and see the changes take place. I want to WOW my doctor. She also wants me to take daily Vitamin D and a complex B shot. I just started taking Vitamin B I wonder if it is the same thing?? I feel like this is a real honest to goodness starting point for me. Beyond just getting my weight and going from there. Maybe it's the little bit of a challenge that goes along with it? I love a good challenge.

I'll try posting about how the day goes later. I just couldn't wait to share the news!

3 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

I'm so glad to hear your test results came out well. I bet you'll have that cholesterol level down in no time with diet and exercise - add it to the reasons to get healthy!

It's great that you have a true baseline measure.

Hey, a suggestion - take pictures, too, even if they're just for your eyes. I wish I'd taken pictures when I started this.

Hope you're enjoying your day!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Whew! So glad you got some positive news!

(I get to wow my doctor next month. It's the first time I've been eager to see him...ever. *g*)

Diana Swallow said...

So glad to hear you got positive news.

I'm about an hour north of Sarasota and I wish it was warmer too!