Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 1 of the challenge

So I added a few okay more than a few pictures in the side bar of my page of things that are my inspiration. Maybe I put up to many but they are all things that I am losing for, along with self esteem, more confidence in myself, a better active lifestyle, all the things I wish I had more of right now. So enjoy, it will also help others see a little more about me and what I love.

As far as the results from my test, I called and am still waiting for a call back. I wonder if it would be rude to call back and see if I get the nurse this time around? I'm getting anxious....

As far as the challenge week goes it's the first day so we shall see how this week goes, I'm really upbeat about the whole thing so far. :) Wish me luck. I'll post again tonight with food and workout details.

LATER-----

Well I've been thinking about what my goals should be for this next week and here's what I've got so far.
  • To stay within my WW points
  • To do week 5 of Couch to 5K (I've been stuck on week 4 for a while now)
  • To get in 3 days of strength training
  • Do 4 days of yoga/pilates

so we'll see if it is too much or too little. :) But either way I need a button next week!

10 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Welcome to the challenge!

Last year before I started my weight loss again, my cholesterol was high. I'm looking forward to going back to the doctor and finding out it's a-OK now. If you do see test results that say there's a cholesterol problem, may we both get that satisfaction.

With the thyroid, though ... you say "if I had an under active thyroid then it’s my fault for not taking better care of myself and working out" ... are you sure that's something you could have caused? I've never read that, and surfing around I don't find anything suggesting it, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong place or misunderstanding something.

Felicia said...

Hi ya!

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!

I loved the pictures and nope I don't think there are to many! Very inspiring!!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Katy said...

Welcome to healthy you!

Katy said...

Welcome to healthy you!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Welcome to the HYC! I love your pictures! I should start a folder for that sort of thing.

Have a fantastic week!

Littleladyhead said...

Welcome to Healthy you!!!
Your goals that you have set for yourself are great! I have no doubt you are going to have a super week and super weight loss!
Monica

Hanlie said...

Love the pics! I have them too, but not on my blog... (That swimsuit one is absolutely inspiring and I too want to be a yummy mummy!)

HappyBlogChick said...

Ahhhhhh, thanks for explaining the thyroid thing. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which causes hypothyroidism, and I was looking EVERYWHERE when I read your post because I'd never heard it was something caused by diet/exercise. Glad to hear that's not what you meant.

Yeah, it's an easy excuse, but my experience has been that I can still lose weight. The first time I lost weight I even did it without taking synthroid, but I gained the weight back. I think part of the problem was the low energy and depression which is a side effect. Now that I'm treating the thyroid issue I'm losing AND I'm more confident I can maintain. I feel a lot better.

Anyway, let us know how your test results turned out. Hopefully you don't have to worry abotu cholesterol OR thyroid issues ... but if you do, I'm sure you can handle either one.

HappyBlogChick said...

Oh, and by the way, I'm on week 4, not week 5 of c25k. Yet. Sorry if I mis-typed somewhere.

I'll get to 5, oh yes I will! But I still have 2 more days of week 4 first. Or more than 2 if I repeat.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to HYC. It's a great group of people.

Good luck on your goals this week. The c25k is certainly something I might do in the future. There are so many people that get such benefit from it.