Friday, April 04, 2008

C25K is back!

Well I am really proud of myself this week so far. I've worked out twice and I've had all my water so far AND the push/sit ups. :) I had forgotten how amazing that it feels after really working out hard, sweating and getting my heart rate up. It feels GREAT!!

I've started back on the C25K week 5. I've been doing week 4 for about ummm forever. So I thought I should try out the next week. Let me just tell you what the next weeks running plan is; day one, is three five minute runs: day two, is two eight minute runs: and day three is a 20 minute run. Whoa not ready for a 20 minute run yet. I mean am I? SO I think I am going to take this slower, maybe two runs of day one, day two and so on till I get to day three. Would you like to hear something scary? I think I am beginning to enjoy working out, running in particular. Weird I know, I'm still getting used to the idea myself. If only it would get to be the way where it was just a part of my life, like eating breakfast, going for a run.

I'm not sure how this weekend will be, bad I am sure a friend is having a b-day party and so I am sure I won't get my workout in. I still feel silly making it a big deal that I've got to go and work out to our little group of friends. At least till I am fit or more comfortable telling everyone what I am doing. Is anyone else out there not telling everyone what they are doing? I'm not sure why I am embarrassed, I'm sure they would all be supporting, maybe that's why I am nervous. They would see what I've tried to tell myself no one sees, my chubby thighs and belly. Am I really that lacking in self esteem? Chalk that up to yet another reason I am doing this. A big dose of self esteem, I need to love myself more. Or at least like and appreciate my body.

So here's to the weekend. I will really try and watch what I eat and drink (yeah right on that one) and walk or whatever as much as I can. I should of gotten up earlier this morning and done it then. Oh well. When it's raining I love being in the bed, snuggled up deep in my sheets. :) Perfect.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Heather said...

great job this week! glad that you are back in the game, and I hope you were able to stay on track this weekend. I know its awlays hard for me too.

Anonymous said...

I'm on week 4. I did a run without my timer and I ran 45 minutes straight. I could hardly believe it when the 5 minute runs feel so challenging. You can do 20 minutes. You are ready!

briy said...

I felt the same sense of dread when I saw the 20 minutes, but I was able to do it, and it wasn't too crazy. I bet you're ready... give it a try, don't doubt yourself. Just start out really really slow.

I know what you mean... I'm slowly starting to like running too. A lot. It's a little scary. But great.

Take care!
~briy