Monday, April 07, 2008

Week 14 and counting...

I am so happy about how I did last week. So happy in fact that I am going to give myself my first button!! A non-scale victory of my very own. So here is the proud button and let me explain why I think I deserve it. (well bloggerwon't let me add a picture, as soon as I can I will add the button!)

I might not of worked out every day, but I did what I could this week. And I did not kick myself for the bad things that I eat, I just watched what I had for other meals and snacks. I was very aware of doing little things that would add up, walking when I could, taking the stairs, drinking water instead of soda and such. And I was happy about doing those things, I wanted to do more. My biggest down fall is the weekends, I just need to come up with a game plan for them and then follow through with it. I'm off to a better start I just need to maybe kick it up a bit this next week to hopefully see a lose in my weight, or inches lost. I forgot to mention that last week I took my measurement and I am also going to keep track of that for those times when I don't lose pounds but gain muscle!

This week I am also going to order some workout DVDs from Collage Video. If you have never been to this web site and you like to workout to videos this is an amazing web site. http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx
It has the times broken down for each video so you can see how much of the time is actual workout time and of what kind of working out. Plus their staff has done all the videos themselves , so they know what each is like. And as if that was not enough they also let you try it out and return it if it's not for you. So I have done lots of research on the type of workout I want to do, something that has some cardio in it, (for those weekends when I am at home!) and I'd like it to have some strength type stuff as well. I found out that Jillian from Biggest Loser has a new DVD out with LOTS of good tings to say about it. Unlike her first DVD set which did not get good reviews, but I love her on Biggest Loser and I like that style of training. I need someone to yell at me and make me push harder. So I believe that I am going to get her new DVD set and see what happens. It' s two workouts roughly about 30 minutes each and it also has different levels of advancement. I'm really excited, I get paid on the 10th so that is my little gift to myself. I was also thinking about getting a yoga DVD but I am unsure of whether to get one that is to relax with or one to make me stronger and really work out my body. Any ideas out there? Anyways I will let you all know how the DVD is as soon as I get it. I am super looking forward to it.

As far as my goals for this week, I'm going to think about them today while I work and post them tonight or tomorrow. Have a GREAT week everyone!

Oh and I guess I should share some news... I lost 2 pounds this week. I know I should be happy and I am, I guess. But you see I have gained 6.5 pounds since I weighed in the first time for this challenge. I wasn't going to say anything but I felt I needed to be honest, so there it is. I'm really not counting it though...It's just embarrassing to have a gain so big. At least I lost right?

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

We're not concerned with what happened in the past! We're celebrating 2 pounds lost! Well done!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

No looking back. Two pounds lost is reason enough for celebration! The lessons you're learning about treating yourself nicely along the way are equally worthy of celebrating! Congrats on a great week!

And thanks for the DVD link!

Heather said...

you have had a great week! congrats on your loss and NSV!

Anonymous said...

No dwelling on the past. Each success is a success.

Holly said...

Sounds like you are back on the right track! The workout dvds are a step in the right direction.. keep it up! (and thanks for checkin out my blog!!)

Erin said...

Looks like you are back on track, I myself had a couple of incidents with kids breakfast items...But I'm duct taping myself back on the wagon!

Keep it up can't wait to read about your goals

Anonymous said...

2 pounds gone- woo hoo!
Congrats on the NSV! Great goals too!! keep it up!