Saturday, September 30, 2006

Edy's Dibs

Does the title say it all or what? So this is my first down fall. I ate the whole tub! It was yummy, and at the same time I really do feel sick right now. It is the most sugar that I have had in my tummy in three weeks! And I am not going over my points (there is that word again) so I do know that it is not that bad. It's just a bad choice.
I don't know what came over me. I have been so very good so far, and honestly I wasn't hungry, heck it wasn't even my TOM. Okay so maybe that wasn't true...I do know why. There is this Brew Pub in the same parking lot as my hotel and my husband (and I) LOVE fresh Mico-brewery beers. So I thought I would be the sweet wife and buy him a gift, which of course I will share...only to my points though! Well the minor thing was all I brought with me were my workout clothes. Not phasing me a bit I go over and as I am about to walk in the dreaded...HOMECOMING. Tons of rail-thin-make-up-to-the-t-puffy dresses-clad-teenage-girls. All of the sudden I felt like I was back in high school. (yes I was the geeky-but-funny-pretty-yet-not-really-girl-next-door-sort-of) Whatever, I tossed my head and ran in the door..."CAN I HELP YOU?" ...the eyes looked me up and down!! Needless to say I ran to food, ice cream, is my comfort food. Since freshly baked cookies where out of the question. Why did I fall into the high school fears? I thought I had grown up...I have not felt like that since high school. A weak moment and another reminder of why I am doing this. For me. To feel proud of my legs for they won't be big-they will be strong, strong enough to get me across the finish line at a marathon. To be proud of my body. To be confident not only in my body but what I can do.
A moment of weakness helped me to remember just what I am doing all this for, ME.

3 comments:

Aleks said...

:) So happy that you posted to my blog and that I can now read yours! I can't wait to catch up on the reading! I joined weight watchers a couple of years ago, and you will achieve your goals (including the marathoning)!

I'm looking forward to reading how you balance the travel schedule with eating right and working out. I can only imagine that it's a big challenge!

Aleks said...

One more thing... we have all eaten a tub of something and the most important thing is admitting it and moving on. And you're still under your points! That's great!

H said...

Just ran across your blog, and am curious about how things are going with the running!