Monday, September 18, 2006

Feeling Blue

Well as the title says I am or rather was feeling pretty blue.

Yesterday I got home from my trip and was feeling really good. I had made it 5 whole days on Weight Watchers, without cheating or going over the points. Until I was unpacking I walked by the bathroom...and the scale. I tried hard to resist the power of the scale. BUT it was to much and I was telling myself that it would be a good booster for me to see all that weight that I had lost. I stepped on the scale feeling oh so much pride at myself when it read 174.5. Yes, it was right. I even got on again thinking something must be wrong. I've only lost 1/2 a pound. So what did I do? Indugled on Chinese, what else would you do? I was pretty much in a royal bad mood after that...not only did I only lose 1/2lb I couldn't even control my own eating. So I am pretty sure I went over my daily points AND eat up the rest of my weekly points. Still feeling pretty blue. Well my Husband who bless his heart as been with me all the way every time I say I am going to be starting a diet. And he has seen me quit after each time it doesn't happen the way I thought it should of been. Well He is really pushing me this time to stick with it, and he pretty much laid it out on the line for me. Telling me I wasn't going to lose the weight that my sister did...really encouraging me to stick with it. And so I kept on going...

I realized that I am going to have to workout alot more than I thought to really get the weight off. (there's still a little voice in the back of my head telling myself that my umm "TOM" is this week, I still have two days...ect...) But I still need to workout. And there's still that marathon in the spring. So I did some google work and had this awesome site with a great idea. It's called "COUCH TO 5K" (coolrunning.com) and it's all about getting you off the couch and getting you to run. Remember how I said I liked to have things planned out for me? Well this was great, it tells you how to start running,how long to run, when to speed up ect... The only thing was I needed to get a watch to keep track of all this. UGH. Well as luck would have it as I was searching Itunes-podcasts there as a podcast for this very program. This man decided to as try the "couch to 5k" program and made up a podcast to go along with it while you ran. He tells you what to do along with upbeat music to keep you going!!! Is this amazing or what?! There is no reason now why I can't workout and stick with it. Marathon here I come!!
Even though I am still bummed out about the weight I am still going to weight-in on Tuesday, like I should. And I am just going to stick with it. Keep going and be happy for any weight loss...that's what I get for dreaming up just how easy this was going to be. I am humbled. But not broken. And that's all that matters.

No comments: