Thursday, October 19, 2006

11.5.....

What's up with the numbers 11.5 you ask? Well... that's how many points I went over today. Yes in one day alone. And really I know why I pigged out, you see my husband left to go out of town for the weekend. I hate being alone. Weird isn't it? My job is all about being alone really, and when I am out on a trip, yes I miss him but it's work. It's what I do. But at home this is where we are supposed to be. It's made me know what it feels like to "walk in his shoes for a mile". I don't know how he does it. Me leaving all the time. He is the most amazing man ever.

All I can do is work hard tomorrow and really watch what I eat for the rest of the week. That I can do, I didn't even workout today! I really needed a day off. SO I will start back up tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it. Me looking forward to running. Stranger things have happened. I have yet something else to work toward now, we've decided to take a week off this March and go to St. Simon Island for a week. It's off the coast of Georgia and although it's not "tropical" island it is a wonderful place. We spent a weekend there last spring and I still remember wishing I was a runner, to run the beaches in the morning. It's something I've always wanted to do but seeing I was never a runner, and I was embarrassed to just go and run. Like it was something I might do wrong. Not this spring. I will run the streets and the beach in St. Simon. Change feels good. Just even the little bit of running I am doing has changed so much, I am looking forward to seeing how it's going to effect my life this next year. I read that when you start to change the way you eat and the way you live your life it may only take you 6 months to lose the weight but to really change the way you live it takes a year. One year to go through all the changes, birthdays, holidays, weddings, summer time, winter blues....All of it. If you can make it though the year well your just that much closer to it being normal life. It's only been 1 month and I think I did really well. And I have to make it though the hardest Holidays first... Thanksgiving & Christmas. My wish is to make it though the season and to still be losing weight. However I will be perfectly happy with myself if I don't gain anything. But I do want to lose so that will still be the goal. And I have accountability this time. I'm not worried, bring it on!

No comments: