Sunday, October 22, 2006

Head of the Charles

I have a new found love (again) for being fit. As I said in an earlier post I had one of my layovers in Boston this weekend. And it just so happened to be the same day as the "Head of the Charles". http://www.hocr.org/home/default.asp That should be the web sight so you can get an even better idea of what the weekend was all about and of course for pictures, seeing that I didn't have my camera the one time I really wished I would of had it. But anyways, you know what I love about Boston? Besides it being the home of the Boston Marathon of course, well I guess that is a part of it all. I love that there is always people running, and I don't mean "to the store" or "to get a cab", it's because they want to. And they are running with their babies in those cool running baby carries, they are running their dogs. And if they are not running they are riding their bikes. Everywhere. It's like being in Denver. And it was just a beautiful fall weekend. Everyone was bundled up drinking their Soy Lattes, (I swear, one place was giving it away FREE!) And then I saw the rowers...(probably not the right term to call them! hey I'm still new at this!) They had rock hard bodies, solid muscle, but completely toned. In others words they didn't look like they could beat up my 6 foot brother-in-law. And they had to work completely together...it was nice seeing teamwork. But I am still torn with solo sports. Anyways it really inspired me to be the one being cheered on. Having people, tons and tons of people watching, admiring, wishing they could be in your place. I want to feel the rush of comptention with other people, of pushing yourself even when you can't go on. Whatever the sport may be I want to be on the other side of the show, I am not watching from the sidelines anymore. It's not about the weight anymore, it's about getting to the point of being an athletic girl. It really was so BEAUTIFUL...and eye opening for me. Just you wait and see, I'm gonna get there.

No comments: