Tuesday, October 10, 2006

168

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Yes I had loss of more than half a pound! I had to weigh myself on Monday because I wasn't going to be home on Tuesday and hotels don't put scales in the weight rooms. What's up with that? SO I weighed myself and for the whole day I thought that I had only lost half a pound again. Then this morning I entered in my weight (168!) and it said that it was a pound and a half different from last week! How did I get half a pound? I never said I was great with math but really... Anyways I will take that extra pound! That brings the total weight loss to 7 pounds! Only 3 more pounds till 10! I can't even remember when the last time was that I lost ten pounds!
Las Vegas was a blast. However it did rain and if you wanna go to Vegas and you are worried about the free drinks flowing, well go wed. night while it is raining. No one was there...And the drinks so I had two. The whole night! And we stayed away from the bad food and actually ate really well. As far as the gambling went...I only lost 12 dollars! I won 10 bucks at the very last minute on a nickel machine! Three red sevens in a row! How lucky am I? And it was just really wonderful to hang out with my sister, someone else who says points to much and thinks way to much about new ways to eat more for less points and working out! Wonderful!
Not only did I get to spend a wonderful time in Vegas I also got to spend an amazing weekend with my Husband and my Father-in-law. I know this is going to sound weird but I am one of those people that get along with their in-laws. EWWW I know, but I do. I actually spend quite a bit of time with them, and it helps that they have this wonderful lake house in north Carolina. Yeah that helps. :) (so I later felt bad saying this...I'd love them even if they didn't have the house, I swear.) So we spent the weekend up there and the leaves there changing, oh it was so pretty. I do think the best weekend will be two weekends from now. And I have to work!
:( But I get to go to Boston....more on that later! We drove the motorcycle through the mountains, I think I need to live in the mountains. Some day... We rode over to the Joyce Kilmer Park. And we hiked around, if you have never been there it's this park with the biggest poplar trees ever, once we took seven adults to wrap around the tree trunk. So yea B-I-G trees. I love the type of people that go hiking and this park is a bit out of the way, so to go here you must plan it and go out of your way. He also wrote my Grandfathers favorite poem, the first poem he had to learn for school. It's just a very special place for me because of my love for nature and the meaning it holds with my Grandfather. This is the poem....

Trees
I think that I shall never see A poem lovely as a tree. A tree whose hungry mouth is prest Against the earth's sweet flowing breast; A tree that looks at God all day, And lifts her leafy arms to pray; A tree that may in Summer wear A nest of robins in her hair; Upon whose bosom snow has lain; Who intimately lives with rain. Poems are made by fools like me, But only God can make a tree.
- Joyce Kilmer
Ahhhh.......so sweet.
Check back for pictures of the hike and for pictures of Vegas! I lost my up-loading cord for my computer to my camera so it might be a while but I will get them up.
All in all it was a great week and I still am more than ever ready to get this week going. I've already done my running and weight training this morning. And I've rethought the way I eat a little, I'm going to try to eat up all my fruits and veggies before I get to the 100 calorie snacks. My major down fall. And my goal is to workout for 40 minutes each day. And then each week add more time. And I'd also like to move to the second week of the running program next week.
It feels good to be back. Cheers to the new week!

1 comment:

Aleks said...

What great progress! :) That is a very significant weight loss, way to go! I read a book about weight loss when traveling frequently and one of the big messages was to never weigh yourself on the road. The hotel scales are never quite right, and never the same as your usual scale. Plus, I can't ever weigh myself when traveling... I retain too much water on the flights! :) Keep up the great work, can't wait to read about the progress!