Wednesday, November 01, 2006

162.5

I was to upset with myself yesterday to post my weight and the half a pound gain that I had! But I need to be honest and so there it is. Maybe I gained muscle, I guess in order to do that you need to workout even harder than ever, which was not last week. No it simply came down to over eating and not working out. My fault plain and simple. I've just got to try harder this week. So far so good, we'll see how the rest of the week goes. I did find some super old dumb bells in my in-laws storage unit... So I get to use those while I am at home. Really I want to buy new ones but I have to prove to myself that I really will use them before I go and spend hard earned money on them.

I also have a new goal for myself, there is a small talk about my husband and I going on a 4-5 month trip next year! Where you ask? We're thinking about Hiking the Appalachian Trail, next year. Yep that means hiking 2000 miles for the fun of it. From the mountains of Georgia all the way up to Maine. Growing up on the Pacific crest Trail, it's always been something I've wanted to do back home. I never got that chance and little did I ever know that one day I would be living out in Georgia, miles away from the East Coast version of the trail back home (this trail goes from Mexico to Canada). And I love backpacking. It's like running in the sense that you get yourself from point "A" to point "B". But you also don't get to go home and you are carrying a pretty heavy load on your back. I think running will help me develop a better body to withstand everything we would be going through. Could you imagine how great my legs would be after the hike? I could run for days!! And I would love to get away from this crazy world-life that I live and just be with my best friend and husband, in the middle of the woods for months. Just being outside, seeing something not very many people get to see, doing something not very many people get to do.
I can't wait I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

And then I can live vicariously through you.... :)