Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back to the real life...

It's so hard to get back into the swing of things. I do believe that I have lost whatever psychical strength I did manage to get before I took my "Christmas Break". And truthfully I am scared to get back out there running. Like it's back to square one with me. And I have no one to blame but myself and just maybe Tony Soprano. What hole have I been living under the last couple of years and missed this wonderful show...I'm hooked. God bless the DVD sets. I'm half way through season two. And I am really ready to go to Italy now. Hey maybe it could be for a Marathon, then I won't gain 50 pounds for eating all that pasta, wine, oh and the bread!! Yummyyy. Isn't pasta eating GOOD for you before a Marathon?? (note to self, do not blog before dinner.)
Anyways tomorrow I go back to work and so I really am going to get into the mind set that I was before. I want to come up with a set workout per month and really start the get go on the 5K's. Hopefully I'll get some good choices close to home. Anyone from good old Georgia heard of anything?? Even though I did lose weight in December I did gain it all back and I am at the starting weight of December. So the weight that I did lose I now have to re-lose again. Which stinks. Oh well that's my life.


Has anyone heard of a book called Mindless Eating? My Mother-in-law was given the book for Christmas and she loved it. She wants me to read it, I just haven't heard anything about it. I've got lots of reading to do anyways, I was given some great books. Dean Karnazes--Ultramarathon Man, Fitness for Women, Running for Women, and a book called Women on the Top. (let me explain...it's about the first females that climbed Mt. Everest) Needless to say I will be getting pumped about working out. I just hope that it's not all FLUFF and there is good advice ect, in the books. You just can never tell.

And yet I still do not have a computer and this trip is going to be a LONG & HARD one. With just enough time to workout and go to bed if all the flights are on time. (Crossing my fingers!) So it may be a while before I am able to blog...but knowing that I have to get on and tell you all if I worked out or not I should get my butt in gear!!

1 comment:

Aleks said...

I have heard great things about Mindless Eating! I just read "You on a Diet: The Owner's Manual to Waist Management" and it was fantastic too! Holidays are always tough, losing weight that you've regained feels like such a set back. I always tell myself that it's better than having to lose all of the weight from day one.