Monday, January 22, 2007

Races

Did you see the new side bar of up-coming races? Woo-hoo I am really getting excited now. I just really needed a good kick in the right direction to get going with my running. It's going no where fast. What better way than to pay to run in a race? I think I got a little over zealous the first time though, I was in a race every weekend. Did I mention yet that I have ever to run in ANY race yet? So that's why I made a "POSSIBLE" race list. If I don't get run some of them this year, well there's always next year.
I have something else to admit. I also put up the races to really get me committed to running. I get so busy and it's a weird time weather wise to really begin running (excuses I know) but I would be reading the blogs about this race & that race and I would feel like I was there. It's so real to me that I forget that I haven't really done any races yet myself. So that's what I am doing. I am making the change. Okay so how weird am I now? SO now you know the truth. :)

1 comment:

Aleks said...

Oh, this is great! Blogging about a race will help you commit to training for it!

One thing I would recommend is putting a 10km and half marathon in there to keep you on track (you probably already planned to do this). This will help you ramp up your distance without that overwhelming feeling of going from a 5 km to a marathon with nothing in between. Can't wait to hear about all of these races!