Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Skinny Latte Girl where are you?!?

I have something to admit to… I read tons of blogs and I am always exploring new sites and reading about peoples stories. But I hardly ever leave comments. I’m not really sure why, I think I feel silly after reading about their personal life, and then commenting as if I new them…It feels a little weird to me. That being said, there is one blog in particular that I love. I found her blog pretty much on a day like today, I got done with work early so I am at the hotel all day, there’s nothing on TV worth spending my time on so I am on the web a lot (at least when it’s raining and I cannot go outside!). I really have no idea how I found her page but I read the latest post and I knew that she had a story to tell. And I had to know it, so I started reading the oldest posts first so I could get the whole story. And it was so good, not only was she an amazing writer I felt like I knew her and was right there with her as she was losing weight. She always had good insight, was encouraging, and she made it. She did it. And that’s all I know. Her blog site was down and hasn’t come back up. I feel like I am in the middle of an amazing novel and I have no idea how it ends. Does she get to travel? How does she maintain the weight loss? Has she? My hubby as dear as he is didn’t understand my freaking out when I couldn’t get her site up. The thing that is really sad is that I never let her know I was a reader, I never told her that she is my inspiration this time around. I wish I could tell her that…and maybe she has copies of her blog?!?! If anyone out there knows Skinny Latte Girl…please let me know how I can get in touch with her. I feel like I lost a friend. It also made me realize that I need to tell people that affect my life how grateful I am. And let those out there whose blogs I read know that I read them and am very thankful for them. Lesson learned.



As far as the past week went it was okay, I did lose half a pound. Which is weight gone. But I know I can do better. I had a bad day as far as food; well it was really the drinking that did it. We went to a Ban Harper concert and things got pretty crazy. And then we went out afterwards to the bars…oh dear. It was at the FOX Theater in Atlanta and the theater was out of this world! I’ve never seen anything like it before; it looks like something out of the Egyptian times. The roof was even painted to look like the night sky, complete with lights as stars. My camera had broken on the way over other wise I would post pictures of the night. Maybe it’s a good thing after how crazy it got. Those boys need to get the drinking under control! We aren’t in college anymore. But it was a FUN night. It’s really great to do things with couples. I feel like I am playing grown up sometimes, hanging out in the city going to the theater. I’m living the life I thought I would live once I lost weight, funny huh? I just could be happier in my own skin when I lose the weight, and I could be wearing cutier things.


Well I should take my nap (I got up REALLY early) and then go to the hotel gym…they also have a suanna…nothing sounds better to me right now.


Have a good day everyone! And if you are in New York right now, is it really snowing? Is that snow I see?

4 comments:

Kirst784 said...

Hi!
I feel exactly the same, I used to love reading her adventures but never said and now I can't find it either!
If you do somehow come across it, could you let me know?
Kirstdan@tpg.com.au

Lena said...

http://skinnylattestrikesback.blogspot.com/

I think she's blogging there now.

Unknown said...

Thankyou!

philippa_moore said...

Wow..this is so flattering, I really don't know what to say! My fiance came across this because he was googling my web site (he never remembers the address!) and found this! There's lots of reasons I felt I needed to shut down the old blog at the time, but I started up again last year at the address Helena Michelle mentioned. If you're reading, please do say hi!

But if you haven't been reading - yes, I travelled, yes, I've maintained the weight loss for four years, and am getting married at the end of the summer. I got my happy ending!!

Thanks so much for the support, and saying those lovely things - words really are failing me. I'm only sorry I didn't see this at the time :) x